Basho Technologies is the leader in highly-available, distributed database technologies used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications and large cloud computing platforms. Basho customers, including fast-growing Web businesses and large Fortune 500 enterprises, use Riak to implement content delivery platforms and global session stores, to aggregate large amounts of data for logging, search, and analytics, to manage, store and stream unstructured data, and to build scalable cloud computing platforms.
Basho is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices in San Francisco, California; Reston, Virginia, and London, England.
Although Riak is open source, Basho currently has many commercial clients. Our client opportunities are growing in both number and scope and we are looking for talented, highly motivated Consulting Engineers to join the Professional Services team. Consulting Engineers must have a combination of outstanding technical expertise and communication skills required to build the architecture, design, and development of scalable distributed storage applications. The Consulting Engineer provides customer facing support of database technologies for a variety of customers in designated regions.
This is an exciting early stage opportunity with a privately help startup company!
• Defining the architecture and strategy of distributed storage solutions for clients. Develop processes and frameworks to implement solutions.
• Working with a team of world-class engineers and executive management to develop, present and deliver advanced technical solutions
• Serving as a liaison between Basho and clients, work with engineering to improve Basho’s core product offerings
• Work closely with key customers to understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions to their business needs
Required skills and experience:
• 3-8+ years’ experience with custom software development
• Positive attitude and demeanor, professional presence with a willingness to commit time and effort necessary in order to meet project milestones and implementation deadlines
• Organized, self-managing, requiring little supervision
• Working knowledge of and significant hands on experience with at least two of the following:
o Developing solutions in Java or Ruby
o NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, CouchDB, MongoDB, etc.
o Hadoop or MapReduce
o Experience with Erlang is a plus!
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field